Last updated: June 13, 2019
- What information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information that you provide to us.
- How you can contact us regarding our use of your information
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- allow you to create an account (a “User Account”), username and password and access a specialized portion of the Website;
- allow you to create a user profile on your User Account;
- allow you to reserve space at one or more Spaceworks NYC location;
- allow you to donate to Spaceworks NYC;
- allow you to purchase tickets and Spaceworks NYC products;
- communicate with you regarding volunteer opportunities;
- contact you to respond to inquiries and messages you send to us related to the Website and/or related to obtaining a Spaceworks NYC card, scheduling a tour of our spaces, items lost at any Spaceworks NYC location, issues with any of our spaces or equipment, issues with making a reservation with us, and other related issues
- add you to our mailing list and/or to communicate with you regarding Spaceworks NYC and the services it offers, including but not limited to, pricing, special promotions and discounts.
In all of these cases, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. However, we may collect non-personal information in order to operate, maintain, and improve the Website and our services.
We also collect information about you but that does not identify you and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details. We collect this information automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information that we collect automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. We use this information to develop, improve, and optimize our Website and our services and to analyze usage data.
How We Share Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties. We may, however share information as follows:
- We will release information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order.
- We may also transfer or share user information, including Personally Identifiable Information with our legally affiliated businesses or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
- We may provide access to your Personally Identifiable Information you submit to us, and other information to certain contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or in connection with the products or services that you have requested (each a “Service Provider”). Any Service Provider given access to your information will be bound by reasonable confidentiality clauses.
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you in connection with optional special offers or promotions. We will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the special offer or promotion. Your participation in the special offer or promotion constitutes your consent to such disclosure and use of such Personally Identifiable Information.
- We may freely share aggregate and/or anonymized data and information from which you cannot personally be identified.
- We may also share certain information with our third-party partners. This information would allow these third-party networks to, among other things, deliver targeted services.
Information You Share With Third Parties and Third Party Websites
You acknowledge that the Website includes content and links posted and provided by third parties. Spaceworks NYC is not responsible for your interaction with any links or content (including User Contributions) that it does not provide on the Website, and for such third parties’ collection or use of your information.
Additionally, the Website may include links to pages on third-party websites, such as our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages, that we think will be of interest to you and are not operated by Spaceworks NYC. These third-party websites have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and Spaceworks is not responsible for the policies or activities of such other websites. Please contact such third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Additionally, we may use IP address information to count and track aggregate visits to the Website, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, so while a particular user’s session can be tracked, the user remains completely anonymous.
Spaceworks NYC is not aware of nor will be held responsible for third parties’ collection or use of your information.
Kids These Days
We don’t knowingly collect information from anyone under 18. If you are under 18, please do not: (i) use or provide any information on the Website or (ii) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Store Your Information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. Spaceworks NYC uses Stripe as a payment gateway, and you should refer to their privacy statement and terms of service for more information.
You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment to which only Spaceworks NYC affiliates with a reasonable need to know have access.
Security of Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, and we make good faith efforts to store your information in a secure operating environment.
You must also seek to protect against unauthorized access to any information that you use in connection with the Website, and you should remember to close the browser when you step away from your computer and when you have completed your activities on the Website. If you choose to create an Account on the Website, you must treat your user name, password or any other piece of information related to your Account (“Account Information”) as confidential, and except as otherwise stated herein, you must not disclose Account Information to any other person or entity.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when logging into and viewing your Account, and when submitting Personally Identifiable Information through the Website using public or shared computers so that others are not able to view or record your Account Information or other information on your Account or otherwise.
In the event that we determine that there has been a security breach resulting in the unauthorized disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will notify individuals whose Personally Identifiable Information has been so disclosed as required by law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information you submit to us, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Electronic Communications and Opting in and Opting Out
By using the Website, you confirm that you understand and agree that Spaceworks NYC is providing the Website as an open social platform on which you may create a profile, post, comment, interact with others, and otherwise contribute to Website content (all such contributions are “User Contributions”). This means that other users, and the general public, may be able to view and search User Contributions that you make available through the Website. You will still retain your rights in your User Contributions, subject to any license included in the Terms. If you wish to change how public you make your User Contributions, please see our FAQ for more information on how to manage your Website privacy settings.
California Residents Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 540 President Street, Unit 2E, Brooklyn NY 11215.
Reviewing, Correcting or Requesting that We Discontinue use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to review the current details of your Personally Identifiable Information, or if you would like us to either change, or discontinue use of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at: email@example.com. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any such request.
Our Contact Information
540 President Street, Unit 2E
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Telephone: (718) 408- 8755