Spaceworks seeks a Facilities Manager to take a leadership role maintaining Spaceworks’ growing, city-wide portfolio of creative spaces.
Spaceworks currently operates four multi-disciplinary facilities with three additional facilities scheduled to complete construction within the next year. Facilities are designed and outfitted to support programmatic operations including public arts programs, office space rentals, visual art studio rentals and dance, theater and music rehearsal studio rentals. The Facilities Manager will work closely with the Operations Manager, Project Director, other members of the operations team and a variety of vendors.
Established in 2011, Spaceworks is a nonprofit organization that builds and operates subsidized creative workspace for New Yorkers, including art studios, rehearsal space, and creative co-working space. We do this in collaboration with artists, partners, and neighborhood residents.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with substantial employer coverage
- HSA with employer contribution
- 401k program with company match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Salary range $50-60K
- Devise and enact safety procedures in compliance with all codes
- Assist with management of construction and renovations
- Manage the purchase and installation of furnishings and equipment
- Coordinate maintenance of building and mechanical systems including HVAC/climate control, electrical and plumbing. Personally execute minor repairs when possible.
- Coordinate vendor services including maintenance, carting and repairs
- Coordinate maintenance of musical equipment, including drum and amp repairs and piano tunings
- Coordinate maintenance of dance equipment, including dance floors, ballet barres and sound systems
- Manage and coordinate maintenance of access and security systems
- Coordinate hardware and software needs with IT service provider
- Coordinate equipment and systems trainings for Spaceworks staff and community of renters and program participants
- Develop inventory systems and manage supplies procurement
- Oversee insurance requirements
- Respond to on-call safety and maintenance issues
- Genuine love of buildings, equipment and creative people
- Experience managing staff, contractors and vendors
- Familiarity with ADA code and broader accessibility measures and practices
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining HVAC systems
- Experience with fire safety and emergency management for facilities
- Basic carpentry skills
- Computer savvy
- Likes traveling city-wide frequently; driver’s license a plus but not required
- Motivated by environmentally conscious, sustainable and equitable practices
Please email resume and cover letter PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FACILITIES MANAGER” in the subject.